(Wikipedia) - Proxy
| ||Look up proxy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. |
Proxy is an agent or substitute authorized to act for another person or a document which authorizes the agent so to act, and may also be used in the following contexts:
- Proxy abuse (or vicarious abuse), abuse committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy bullying (or vicarious bullying), bullying committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy card, a substitute card used in trading card games when a player does not own the substituted card and also can occur when proxy cards are not tradable
- Proxy fight, attempting to influence how company shareholders use their proxy votes
- Proxy marriage, common amongst European monarchs, where one party is not present in person to their marriage to the other
- Proxy murder, a murder committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy occupation, a military occupation by troops of country A, acting in the place of military troops of country B
- Proxy statement, information published related to a U.S. stockholders'' meeting
- Proxy voting, a vote cast on behalf of an absent person
- Proxy war, a war where two powers use third parties as a substitute for fighting each other directly
- Health care proxy, a document used to specify an agent to make medical decisions for a patient in case they are incapacitated
- Torture by proxy
- Proxy (statistics), a measured variable used to infer the value of a variable of interest
- Proxy (climate), a measured variable used to infer the value of a variable of interest in climate research
- Proxy pattern, a software design pattern in computer programming, also known as a proxy class
- Proxy server, a computer network service that allows clients to make indirect network connections to other network services
- Proxy (band), British band formed in 2004
- Proxies (band), British electronic rock band formed in 2010
- Proxy, a mysterious humanoid lifeform in the anime Ergo Proxy
- PROXY, a holodroid featured in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Proxy, the codename of Wendy Harris, a fictional character in the Batgirl comic book series.
- "The Proxy", a song by RJD2 on his 2003 album Deadringer
- In Marble Hornets, a YouTube channel, Masky and Hoodie are two of Slenderman''s Proxies.
- Proxy (film), a 2013 horror film by Zack Parker
- "Proxy" the name of a fictional character in the 2012 horror film Smiley.
- "Proxy" the stage name of electronic musician Evgeny Pozharnov.
- "Proxy" is a term, specifically (but not limited to) in Slender: The Arrival, for a person who is influenced or controlled by the Slender Man.
Tags:British, Proxy, Proxy server, Wikipedia, YouTube